Friday, September 10, 2010

Week 3 and Beyond

Well this week Khalil turned 3 weeks old and I am a little behind on my blogging because on Sunday he will be 4 weeks! I can not believe that he is getting to be so old already. It seems that just yesterday he was born, and although he isn't that old and he was born only three and a half weeks ago he has changed so much already. He is tracking movements of the things around him and will tolerate tummy time for 10 min before he gets fussy.

This week he has started self soothing at night when I put him to bed half asleep/awake he will fall asleep on his own without fuss.

The bouncy seat has become his favorite activity besides eating, sleeping and pooping. He especially likes a little blue toy elephant that hangs from the little bar. He will stare at it for half an hour before getting bored.

Eryn has been back at work for two weeks now and I still wish he were home with us. It has been a learning experience to try and get some resemblance of a schedule during the day. For the most part we have a schedule as long as he doesn't wake up in the middle of the night before he is suppose to.

Yesterday we were out all day in Corvallis at appointments and running errands. I have never had such a tiring day. Not even the day he was born can match the exhaustion I felt yesterday. Since we have a fairly set schedule any deviation of more than half an hour is detrimental to his mood.

I did learn a valuable lesson...don't schedule more than 1 appointment per day. It's ok to have multiple errands but multiple appointments are too crazy to handle.



I have to say that I am really enjoying being a parent. It helps that he is a sweet boy. He is as sweet as they come.

We hope this post finds everyone well and loved.

God Bless

Jasmine, Eryn and Khalil

No comments:

Post a Comment