Monday, September 20, 2010

5 Weeks Old

Wow it has been a crazy month! Khalil turned 1 month old on September 15th and now he is 5 weeks old. He has changed so much since we brought him home. He has always had a calm and laid back personality but now he is developing preferences and connecting with Eryn and I on more of a relationship level rather than a needs/care giver level. He will occasionally smile at us and will coo/talk to us when he is in a good or relaxed mood. I call him Mr. Wiggles because he is constantly moving when he is awake. He uses his arms and hands to express himself by moving them all around when he is awake. He still makes the best faces. Now they are all the time and not just when he is waking up.
I caught a cold this last week. It has been a struggle to take care of him, make sure I am not getting him sick and on top of that rest enough to get rid of the cold. This weekend was great Eryn took care of me all day Saturday. He made my meals, let me get a shower, took care of the baby so I could take naps in between feedings. I really do have one of the best husbands I would say in the world.
Today is our 2nd wedding anniversary! I can't believe it has been two years already. It seems like we were just married...(without all the planning and stress of a wedding or of being newlyweds). Eryn is taking me out to dinner in Corvallis tonight at a restaurant that I have been wanting to try for over a year now.
What else is there to say but I hope that this blog finds everyone healthy and striving to be in the presence of God.

God Bless
The Womacks

No comments:

Post a Comment