Monday, August 30, 2010

2 Weeks Old

Khalil is 2 Weeks Old!!!
We are ecstatic that our little guy is 2 weeks old. He has been wonderful since we brought him home. Yes there have been moments when we have questioned whether we can handle being parents of a newborn but in the next moment we do what we always do when faced with an obstacle, band together and tackle the task as a team. We really believe that parenting like every other life adventure/obstacle is a team sport and will only be accomplished well if we work together.
As a last hoorah before Eryn had to go back to work today we celebrated Khalil's two week birthday anniversary by taking him to the coast yesterday. We have been wanting to take him to the coast since before he was born and have been talking about how much fun it would be for him to go and experience the salty air, see Daddy surf, and be out of the house. The Oregon Coast is fickle with its weather patterns, and yesterday we were expecting 60 degrees, wind and cold and what we got was sun, 70 degrees and hardly any wind at all. It was such an amazing day.

I was nervous about being home by myself for the first time today as Eryn had to go back to work. Khalil didn't make my nervousness go away since he had a rough night. He woke up every hour and a half hungry but would only eat for 10 min when it normally takes him an hour then fall asleep. In the process of the night I started praying that God would give me the strength to be the best mom I could be today because that is what he deserves and he can't help that he keeps waking up. God answered my prayer by him sleeping in this morning so that I could prepare for the day. When he finally awoke today he was in such a good mood and has been all day. He did 10 min of tummy time without fuss, had a bath and has been on schedule all day.
All I have to say is God is Good...( I would say this even if we didn't have such a relaxed and wonderful day.)
I have been officially inaugurated into the mommy club. I have been peed on, spit up on and now am learning how to take care of myself and him at the same time.

Well nap time is almost over so here is to being a new mom, alone with her new baby, and feeling grateful to have my new son to occupy my day.

Grace and peace

Jasmine, Eryn and Khalil

No comments:

Post a Comment