Friday, August 6, 2010

38 Weeks

This is my first blog post ever. I have Facebook, email, text messaging and a cell phone and yet I have people in my life who still have a hard time getting a hold of me or getting updates on how we are doing. This is my last hope to keep people updated and informed about our lives and how everything is going.
Eryn and I got married September 20,2008 and it was a wonderful day. We spent our honeymoon on Maui thanks to a couple of friends who have a time share there that they gave to us as a wedding gift for a week. It was a good week, Eryn spent the entire week in the water and we saw the Warren and Annabel show. It's a magic show and dinner but it is not cheesy it's highly recommended if anyone goes to Maui.
When we got home we settled into life. I had my cancer treatment and the next year was pretty uneventful.
In December of 2009 we found out we were expecting a new member of the family. After confirming with the doctor and praying that God would guide us in this new adventure on Christmas day we told my Dad and Step Mom that they were going to be grandparents. When we got back to the valley we told Eryn's parents. Everyone was shocked and excited.
Since that time we have been in baby mode.
God has been good to us this year. We have been praying that this pregnancy goes well and that God will keep blessing us with positive attitudes regardless of what happens. This has been a fruitful prayer. He has shown us so much more beyond what we have asked for.
At 20 weeks we saw our little one on the ultrasound for the first time and it was an awe inspiring moment. We found out at that time that we are expecting a BOY!!!
His name is Khalil (pronunciation: Kaleel) Zion Womack. Eryn and I had decided that he would get to pick the boy name and I would pick the girl name. Eryn chose the name Khalil because of his favorite writer Khalil Gibron ( recommended read). Then we chose the name Zion because of the significance in connection with the Old Testement of the Bible and this being referred to as the dwelling place of God and as Christians we believe that God lives in us (we are his vessels). It seemed fitting to give him this name so that as we are teaching him about who God is and what that means to us he will always have the reminder that God chooses to reside in him as he does with all of us.
When we found out we were having a boy we started preparing. We had been praying about finances and came to the realization that we could live on our own and be completely broke 100% of the time or take Eryn's parents up on the offer to live with them. The more we prayed about it the more it became clear that moving in was going to be the better choice.
Since we made the decision to move in we have been getting ready for the little guy. It has been non-stop painting, organizing, bargain hunting, and saving.
Now we are down to the wire. With the move, 2 baby showers, and birthing strategies behind us at 38 weeks we are playing the waiting game.
I already know that he is going to be a lot like his Dad in personality...mellow, go with the flow, un-exciteable. I am curious about what he will look like and I can' t wait to hold him in my arms. I know that since he is like his Dad I can not rush him. I will have to just let him do things his own way on his own time.
God Bless
Jasmine and Eryn Womack

1 comment:

  1. Very nicely written My dragon-fox. I look forward to meeting the little man. Praise God for his goodness and tenderness under pressure. Love you babe, Ashley

    ReplyDelete